In-Vitro Biology Services
Our in vitro biology and screening group offers a wide spectrum of biochemical and cell-based assays to profile small and large molecules entities.
In vitro biology services are offered in stand alone mode or seamlessly integrated with end-to-end drug discovery programs.
Our in vitro biology team has in depth knowledge of different therapeutic areas and target classes. De novo assay development without any literature precedence for novel target classes or therapeutic indications along with assay customization has added significant value to our Integrated Drug Discovery (IDD) projects and driving compound progression and clinical candidate nomination successfully.
Our offerings include screening and profiling services/platforms under different therapeutic areas and target classes.
Platform for screening of NCEs and NBE against major therapeutic target classes:
- GPCRs, ion channels, proteases, other hydrolytic enzymes and membrane receptors are a few examples of our experience in target classes.
We focus and cater to a wide range of therapeutic areas like asthma and COPD, metabolic disorders (diabetes, NASH & obesity), inflammation, oncology, immunology, stem cell biology, osteoporosis, angiogenesis, CNS, and pain. We also have experience in epigenetics and Protein-protein Interaction (PPI) target.
At Aurigene we are continuously adding experience of advance and emerging drug classes. As a result, examples include PROTAC, Oligonucleotide, ADC and mRNA. We offer complete set of bioassays for PROTAC discovery.
In vitro assay development:
- Phenotypic Assays: The aim of phenotypic assays is to identify the molecules which has the ability to alter a cell's phenotype. Here, we look at the effect of a substance on the entire biological system as opposed to an isolated component of it. Phenotypic Assays are the most refined and delicate of all assays and can be performed in cells, such as stem-cell derived human cells, isolated tissues or entire organisms
- Mechanistic Assays: The aim of phenotypic assays is to identify the molecules which has the ability to alter a cell's phenotype. Here, we look at the effect of a substance on the entire biological system as opposed to an isolated component of it. Phenotypic Assays are the most refined and delicate of all assays and can be performed in cells, such as stem-cell derived human cells, isolated tissues or entire organisms
- Cell-based Assays: In order to understand the correlation of networks in a complex biological system, we are capable of designing custom cell-based assays that cater to every stage of drug development. Aurigene has at its disposal a wide range of cell types which in combination innovative technologies result in assays with improved translational success
- Readout Platforms: We offer diverse readout platforms such as Luminescence, Fluorescence (FRET, TR-FRET), Fluorescence Polarization (FP), AlphaLISA, AlphaScreen, Absorbance, and UV to NIR
In vitro Assay Capability Range
- Functional Assay
- Cell Viability
- Cell Senescence
- Cell Cycle Analysis
- Necroptosis Assay
- Pyroptosis Assay
- Specialized Assays
- Target engagement assays via Nano-BRET/ CESTA
- 3D cells co-culture
- Spheroid culture
- Organoid culture
- Stem cell derived functional cells – Hepatocytes, Cardiac, etc
- Immunological Assays
- Dendritic cell
- T-cell cytotoxicity
- Treg – Immune suppression
- Immune cell profiling
- Mixed lymphocyte
- Biomarker Assay
- Cytokine modulation
- Target gene expression
- Phosphorylation of signaling intermediates
- Cytokine induced transcription factor phosphorylation
Good assay development practices at Aurigene include, but not limited to
- Robustness: In order to ensure top notch service, we look at parameters such as DMSO tolerance, Z’, Signal to noise, signal to background, reproducibility, %CV and Signal Drift
- Format: We provide flexibility in assay formats in the form of 384/1536-well versions and assay volumes
- Hits and Hit Rate: The assays undergo rigorous scrutiny to quell the false positive, false negative rates and assay noise. We focus on the predicted activity threshold and hit rate, positional effects on data distribution and the screening concentration
- Data Handling: Our specialists streamline the data handling process by efficient error trapping, establishing stringent pass/fail criteria and thorough reporting
- Assay Miniaturization: Miniaturization is a way to get the most out of an assay. At Aurigene, our state-of-the-art instrumentation enables the assay development biologists to overcome the barriers in implementing a high-throughput approach to cell-based assays. This is done by introducing automation thereby easing the conventional and complex multi-step methodology required to perform an assay
- Infrastructure and Tools: At Aurigene our team of scientists connect your drug discovery program with strong scientific expertise, deep therapeutic insights and state-of-the-art facilities