ZSK Food Extruders
ZSK Food Extruders
The ideal extrusion system for many types of food and pet food
Coperion’s twin screw extruder ZSK Mv PLUS provides ideal conditions for the extrusion of many types of food and pet food products. The process section of the ZSK twin screw extruder consists of several barrels in which the co-rotating screws operate. The closely intermeshing screws with their tight selfwiping profile eliminate stagnant zones over the whole length of the process section. The effect of this is a constantly high conveying efficiency and perfect self-cleaning.
The modular design of the ZSK Mv PLUS and its unusual combination of free screw volume, screw speed and torque enable this twin screw extruder series to be individually configured for every application. The complete portfolio includes a wide range of sizes, allowing customers to process any required throughput range from laboratory to production scale.
ADVANTAGES OF COPERION'S ZSK FOOD EXTRUDERS
- Hygienic product design: open frame, stainless steel
- Easy to clean: less downtimes due to fast, efficient cleaning
- Less inspection due to optimal accessibility
- Control system: easy to operate, smart and safe
- High operational reliability and durability
- Specific torque 11.3 Nm/cm3
- Screw speed up to 1800 min-1
TYPICAL AREAS OF APPLICATION OF THE ZSK MV PLUS EXTRUDER
- Pet food, treats, aquatic feed
- Flours and starches
- Cereals, snacks
- Encapsulation processes
- Meat analogues, texturized protein
- Biodegradable products
The deeply cut screw flights with a diameter ratio Do/Di of 1.8 result in a very large free screw volume.
- Improved feed intake of additives with a low bulk density such as flours, starches, pigments, fillers, additives
- Lower shearing
- Reduced thermal stress on the raw materials
- Longer residence time for reaction processes
- Safe devolatilization
The ZSK Mv PLUS series is designed for speeds up to 1,800 rpm.
- Increase in throughput by up to 3 or 4 times in comparison to the preceding ZSK Mv model
- Lower investment and operating costs due to smaller machine sizes at the given throughput rate
- Favorable price-performance ratio
The specific torque of the ZSK Mv PLUS is 11.3 Nm/cm3. It has been increased by 30% in comparison to the preceding ZSK Mv model.
- Another increase in throughput of up to 40% in comparison to the preceding series
- Extended operating window
- Greater recipe flexibility