Our passion comes from our commitment to helping you help others.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guides us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving your product’s unique challenges. Our focus on timeliness and accuracy in every stage of development means you can count on reliable, reproducible results – every step of the way.
- Founded: 1947
- Headquarters: Wilmington, MA
- Employees: 20,000+ worldwide
- Revenue: $3.5 billion in FY2021
- Ownership: Publicly traded (CRL)
- Customers: Leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agrochemical, government, and academic organizations around the world
- Service Areas: Basic research, discovery, safety and efficacy, clinical support, and manufacturing
At Charles River, our purpose is clear, and our passion is strong: together, we create healthier lives. For the past three years, we supported the development of more than 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA, a significant accomplishment that makes us all proud to be part of this remarkable team. Every role at Charles River matters to the thousands of clients and millions of patients around the globe. We strive to be the difference for our clients, colleagues, animals, and partners. Watch as our employees explain how our values are applied in their respective careers.