Plastic Injection Mold
Plastic Injection Mold
rjc is a world-class provider of advanced plastic injection mold. We offer a complete manufacturing solution that covers every aspect of raw material verification, tool making, part fabrication, finishing, and final inspection. Our international team of manufacturing experts is committed to providing you with the highest level of professional support for plastic injection mold of any size or complexity.
What is plastic injection mold?
Plastic injection molds are designed as hollow metal blocks with cavities used to shape molten plastic through the injection process. There are many holes inside the mold, and the temperature can be controlled by means of oil, water or heater.
Gates in the mold allow molten plastic to flow in, which then fills the cavity through runners and gates. After cooling, the mold is opened, and the ejector pin of the injection molding machine is pushed by the top plate to further eject the molded part.
- Guide Pins– Installed to one half of the plastic injection mold and align the two halves by entering the holes in the other half. the most function is to locate the core and cavity insert in right position, avoid steps on parting line of molding parts or mismatch between two halves of molds.
- Runner– Connect the sprue bush to molding cavities, it is a passageway of flow material, and the section shape is usually round or trapezoid.
- Gate–The narrowest position of the runner, where the flow material enters the molding cavity. There are many different types, some will be broken from molding part when ejecting out. such as submarine gate, tunnel gate. Some need to be cut after molding. Like tab gate, side gate and so on.
- Sprue (Bush) – Tapered hole in the center of the plastic injection mold into which the flow material travel from the nozzle of injection machine to runners
- Locating Ring– Locating the plastic injection mold on the fixed platen of injection machines, so that the injection nozzle lines up with the sprue bush.
- Mould Cavity (include cavity and core) – The space in the mold shaped to produce molding product.
- The ejector (Pins)– Push the runner and molding parts out of the mold
- The Shot– Total amount of material into cavities, include runner and molding parts
- Ejector plate/Ejector back plate: Just for hold the ejectors in the right position
- Clamping plate: Clamping the mold to the platen of injection machines