The pharmaceutical industry is having a major share in contract manufacturing. The process of Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing includes pharmaceutical machinery, drug manufacturers contracting a firm for finished components or products. It can be observed as a type of outsourcing. Companies succeed by focusing on what they do best to their consumers, outsourced vendors, or partners.
A pharmaceutical contract manufacturing company presents an array of services to drug companies which may include:
- Drug development
- Drug manufacturing and commercial production
- Documentation of compliance with FDA regulatory requirements
- Conduction of stability studies, method development, pre-clinical and Phase I clinical trials
- Development of drug formulation
- Providing formal stability, scale-up, registration batches
- Providing late-stage clinical trial materials
All Contract Manufacturing in Pharmaceutical Industry should adhere to the FDA good manufacturing practices and comply with applicable FDA regulations. From big pharma to smaller specialty entities, contract manufacturing serves as a strategy for several industry players. The major factors driving market growth include continued efforts to reduce costs, outsourcing by pharma companies of non-core businesses, and an increasing amount of specialty and biotech firms that don't have in-house manufacturing capabilities. The pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market will continue to rise as companies cut costs to counteract problems regarding pharmaceutical productivity trends. Non-core businesses being outsourced include product/process optimization and manufacturing.
Below is a list of Contract Manufacturing Organisations: